Of course, we are all guilty of it, we tend to throw all of our junk into the shed to get it out of the yard. If you can’t find it the first place you run to will always be the shed it the go to. Now you have just one more thing to throw into it and you realize that there isn’t any space left. You then realize that it’s time to clean it out and reorganize.
Here are some tips on how to make your shed a junk-free zone and keep it that way.
You should make it a point to clean out your shed at least once a year to throw out unused items. Throughout the summer you will find it’s easy to just throw everything and anything in the shed to get it out of your way. Yes it may de-clutter your yard but then you are set with a whole new project to un junk.
Wondering how to get started? Well here are a few ways you could go about it.
- Start with the larger items, if you haven’t used them in years then its time to retire. Donate or recycle is the main goal if it is still in working condition.
- Clear off your shelves and throw away any old items that are no longer able to be used.
- Old paint cans, used or old oil, rusted tools or old screws, nuts and bolts
- Chemicals if they are old and unusable throw away with the proper proceedings depending on the item.
- Go through any old boxes sitting around what is not being used throw in the trash.
- Go through any drawers that are in your shed storage containers, tool box drawers
- Seperate screws, nuts, bolts and put it in its own drawer
- Tools find a space just for them and organize as you please
- Once all that is done you can put the larger items back into the shed nice and organized and now you can enjoy your clutter free Shed.
At the end of your shed cleanout, you will be left with all the old junk that you need to be disposed of. Well no fear that is where Git Rid Of It comes into play, we are an eco-friendly junk removal company that will come and get rid of all of your old unused junk. After your long day of hard work, you can sit back and relax while we take care of the rest. Just give us a call and we will answer all of your junk removal needs.