Our guys were called out to clean up a construction job in Chantilly, VA. We go and clear out all of the debris so the men doing the construction are able to work in a clean and safe environment. We make sure that we clean up and make it look like there was never any trash there in the first place. No better feeling than to be able to do your work in a clutter free environment.
Our guys were sent out to dispose of a hot tub in Alexandria. Typically when it comes to the hot tubs we ask that our customers cut all power source to the hot tub and unplug before our men are able to remove it. The process to remove is pretty simple depending on the size, we usually cut up in 4 sections and haul it away or if small enough the guys will dispose of the whole thing.
We had our men go out to a call in Haymarket for a job to receive donations and some junk they had to get rid of. We showed up and they had clothes, furniture, and toys to be given to donation. Along with some old worn out items and trash to be hauled away. As we always say at Git Rid Of It reduce, reuse and recycle.
We had a customer give us a call to remove some items from the garage in Fairfax and donate them. Our guys showed up and sorted through the items to be donated and the other to be taken to the trash. Getting our early morning started with donations to help the ones in need.
Here at Git Rid Of It we believe in using our resources and allowing ourselves to reduce, reuse and recycle in order to help our environment. Not everything that we come across is considered junk or trash it is able to be given to ones in need or taken to a recycling station. If you are able to follow the three R’s then you will have less clutter, more organization, and most importantly less trash.
REDUCE the amount of waste produced in your household to help the environment. The other two R’s will help you learn how to reduce.
Reuse to avoid throwing everything away in the trash. For example:
- Use a gallon milk jug to water garden plants without standing there with a hose: Poke small holes in the bottom of the jug and bury it; fill with water for slow and steady irrigation.
- Make a bird feeder out of a 2liter plastic bottle.
- Don’t forget the old trick of using newspaper instead of paper towels to clean windows.
- Torn and crumpled toilet paper tubes also make fine packing material.
- Empty pill bottles need not head to the landfill when they can declutter your junk drawer, tool box, sewing kit, and so forth; they love to contain little things.
- Clothes, toys and furniture can be donated instead of thrown away. Many other people can reuse an are in need of such items.
Recycle is the process of converting waste materials into new materials and objects. Recyclable materials include many kinds of glass, paper, and cardboard, metal, plastic, tires, textiles, and electronics.
- Metals account for the fourth largest percentage of our rubbish. Along with beer and soft drink cans, you can recycle “tin cans.”
- Purchase products produced from recycled material. Look for the “recycled” symbol.
- All kinds of glass containers—heavy or light—can be recycled. In addition, glass can be recycled and reused an indefinite number of times.
- Reduce the number of paper and plastic bags your family uses by carrying reusable tote bags to grocery and department stores. Minimize use of paper towels, paper plates, and napkins. Invest in cloth napkins for everyday use, and choose reusable cloths, towels, and plates, rather than paper “throwaways.”
Our men are out cleaning up a collapsed shed in Centreville today. We got a call that a customer shed was collapsing and they needed us to come and remove it along with the items inside. Our men will have it cleaned up and out of the yard in no time.
Our main goal going into a hoarding job is to make the customer feel as comfortable as possible letting go. Our men take the time to go through and sort from the junk to donations with the customers. With these type of jobs, you need to have the patience and be able to work side by side with the customer to allow them to understand you are there to help them. We want to be able to work with them to get them back to a familiar place of being able to have their home back. This job in Alexandria may be about 4 truck loads which we will be able to donate most of it. We usually donate to Bridges To Independence which is a program that helps the homeless transition to get back on their own.
Git Rid Of It finds a lot of supplies that we are able to donate to the ones in need. We work closely with Bridges To Independence Program, we offer any assistance with furnishing homes in need and donating any items we see as such can be useful. We come across plenty of jobs that one may think is just their trash yet it is going to change someone else’s life. Our number one key is that if it is able to be donated that we make sure that it is given to the ones in need. We are not just a company but we are a helping hand to many in our community and beyond. We go as far as a company, as a team and most importantly a family to give back what is given unto us. It is said, “To do more for the world than the world does for you is sucess”.
Git Rid Of It no matter how big or small the job may be we will always come through and get the job done. Local office in Arlington, VA called in to come haul away unwanted furniture and miscellaneous items and no greater company to call than Git Rid Of It. As you can see we work as a team to get the job done. We offer our services all over the VA, DC and MD area so give us a call at 703-533-0094.
Git Rid Of It was working in Alexandria today. It isn’t always easy to part with things that we become comfortable with. Git Rid of it is always happy to help get rid of junk but also wait while our customers separate the junk from treasures.