As you pick through the items, each one may take you down memory lane. This makes you wonder why you should keep a hamper with broken handles or those kitchen utensils? You might toss these items into the recycling pile. But before you rush to your local recycling center, why not reuse the items that you can for household organizing? I mean, you’re already doing the dirty work by going through your old household items.
This is what we like to call RIY or “reuse-it-yourself” instead of “do-it-yourself”. It’s all about reusing old items to help organize the household items you do want to keep.
- Reuse old utensils into wall hooks for hanging kitchen aprons or oven mits.
- Use a gallon milk jug to water garden plants without standing there with a hose: Poke small holes in the bottom of the jug and bury it; fill with water for slow and steady irrigation.
- Empty pill bottles need not head to the landfill when they can declutter your junk drawer, toolbox, sewing kit, and so forth; they love to contain little things.
- Torn and crumpled toilet paper tubes also make fine packing material.
- Reuse old shower curtain hooks to neatly organize your bags and purses.
- With so many new gadgets these days, wires can make your home office desk look cluttered. To keep them at bay, attach binder clips to the edge of your desk, and place the cords through the clips.
- Organize your craft supply in a dish drying rack. Coloring books stay put in the grates, while the silverware tray stores crafting tools, such as colored pencils and scissors.
- Get rid of tangled jewelry by displaying your necklaces and bracelets neatly on the wall. To do this, remove the glass from a picture frame, and screw in hooks to the top of the frame. You can hang the frame in your closet or on your bedroom wall.
- Finding the right cooking spice can be hard when they’re all the same size. To make them easier to access, place the containers on stacked reclaimed wood.
By using Git Rid Of It construction debris removal services on a regularly scheduled pick up you can reduce the amount of waste lying around and prevent the build up of dust and debris. When you use a junk removal company to get rid of the construction debris you save your construction workers from having to deal with it. It minimizes their risk of an injury, it also helps your team to be able to work in a clean and safe environment. It saves you the money in labor hours, transportation cost, also the dump fees. When you use a junk removal company we make sure to ensure the disposal of all items to be dumped in the correct facility. Junk removal specialists are trained to get the job done in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
As a full service junk removal company, we get calls every day for appliance removal in our area. I mean who would really want to carry a heavy washer or dryer out the house to throw away? Well at Git Rid Of It it’s our pleasure to do that hard work for you. We have an experienced team of men that will come in and you can point out what needs to go and they will do the rest. We will dispose of it in an eco-friendly manner, which we take to a local recycling facility. There they will break it down and use what parts are reusable and the rest strip down and sort out to be recycled. If it is still in working condition and is able to donated to a charity we will do so.
Of course, we are all guilty of it, we tend to throw all of our junk into the shed to get it out of the yard. If you can’t find it the first place you run to will always be the shed it the go to. Now you have just one more thing to throw into it and you realize that there isn’t any space left. You then realize that it’s time to clean it out and reorganize.
Here are some tips on how to make your shed a junk-free zone and keep it that way.
You should make it a point to clean out your shed at least once a year to throw out unused items. Throughout the summer you will find it’s easy to just throw everything and anything in the shed to get it out of your way. Yes it may de-clutter your yard but then you are set with a whole new project to un junk.
Wondering how to get started? Well here are a few ways you could go about it.
- Start with the larger items, if you haven’t used them in years then its time to retire. Donate or recycle is the main goal if it is still in working condition.
- Clear off your shelves and throw away any old items that are no longer able to be used.
- Old paint cans, used or old oil, rusted tools or old screws, nuts and bolts
- Chemicals if they are old and unusable throw away with the proper proceedings depending on the item.
- Go through any old boxes sitting around what is not being used throw in the trash.
- Go through any drawers that are in your shed storage containers, tool box drawers
- Seperate screws, nuts, bolts and put it in its own drawer
- Tools find a space just for them and organize as you please
- Once all that is done you can put the larger items back into the shed nice and organized and now you can enjoy your clutter free Shed.
At the end of your shed cleanout, you will be left with all the old junk that you need to be disposed of. Well no fear that is where Git Rid Of It comes into play, we are an eco-friendly junk removal company that will come and get rid of all of your old unused junk. After your long day of hard work, you can sit back and relax while we take care of the rest. Just give us a call and we will answer all of your junk removal needs.
This morning we had a hot tub removal and showed up to dispose of but it seemed to be a little too early to cut it up. At Git Rid Of It we always manage to get the job done regardless of the situation, we are dedicated to our jobs. SO in the case that we couldn’t cut it up our men took it out whole.
Our guys were called out to clean up a construction job in Chantilly, VA. We go and clear out all of the debris so the men doing the construction are able to work in a clean and safe environment. We make sure that we clean up and make it look like there was never any trash there in the first place. No better feeling than to be able to do your work in a clutter free environment.
Our guys were sent out to dispose of a hot tub in Alexandria. Typically when it comes to the hot tubs we ask that our customers cut all power source to the hot tub and unplug before our men are able to remove it. The process to remove is pretty simple depending on the size, we usually cut up in 4 sections and haul it away or if small enough the guys will dispose of the whole thing.
Hot tub removal Washington DC
We had our men go out to a call in Haymarket for a job to receive donations and some junk they had to get rid of. We showed up and they had clothes, furniture, and toys to be given to donation. Along with some old worn out items and trash to be hauled away. As we always say at Git Rid Of It reduce, reuse and recycle.
The benefits of clearing out the clutter in your home is more than just for the space and the peace of mind knowing it got done. It is a proven fact that there is a link between cluttered surroundings and additional stress and who needs that extra stress in their life. Instead of letting all of the junk take up your space why not consider helping out the ones in need and donate the items. Which better way than to give back and just knowing that your old junk is helping people in need will do you good. With Git Rid Of It we try to recycle everything that is possibly able to be donated. Why waste a perfectly useful item when there are people in need. We actually donate are items to Bridges to Independence which is a program that leads individuals and families out of homelessness and into stable, independent futures.
We had a customer give us a call to remove some items from the garage in Fairfax and donate them. Our guys showed up and sorted through the items to be donated and the other to be taken to the trash. Getting our early morning started with donations to help the ones in need.