Household junk and clutter stacking up inside your home can be a massive added stress to your life, and sometimes you don’t even know it’s happening. A cluttered home can turn into a cluttered mind, which is something most of us try so very hard to avoid in our lives. Most of the household junk and debris that stacks up inside of our homes comes from years and years of slowly collecting. It isn’t something that happens overnight, or even something that you notice is happening. It just slowly enters your home and enters your life.
Don’t worry. We’re not just here to point out a problem of many people out there, we are here to offer a solution to that problem. The solution to the household junk and clutter issue is simple. Git Rid Of It is the number one option for homeowners who are looking to clear our junk and clutter from their homes. Whether it be a garage full of junk that has just been stacked in there for years, or an attic full of items that you haven’t seen or thought of in decades. We can help. Git Rid Of It is here to help everyone with their junk removal needs.
Recently, we had an online booking come in from a company located in Arlington. The description of the job was that they needed multiple desks removed from inside of their office. Shortly after the online booking, a gentlemen called to get a little more information. He asked us a few questions regarding the size of trucks we have and how many people come to the job. We gave him the run down of how everything works and how we can help him. After the conversation, he confirmed his appointment and told us he would see us in a couple days.
Our guys started with the largest items first, which were the desks. They loaded up the 5 large desks in the very back of the truck while strategically placing them to fit as much stuff in one load as possible. The guys were able to fit more in one load than expected and off to the donation facility they were! After the donation facility, they were on to the second load. The second contained a few more desks. They put them in the truck first then loaded up the 12 chairs they had. After all that was loaded up, they added the rest of the stuff to be removed. The job was done in two loads because everything was thoughtfully placed in the truck.
The company that hired our service was so impressed that they called us back a few days later to schedule another appointment to remove more stuff from their office. All in all, this was another successful job achieved and put down in the books!
Recycling starts with one person at a time and the more you practice it and lead by example others will join. Its always nice for an initiative in order to do something even if it is a little fun. Below are a few ideas on getting the family to join in with the recycling in your home or even the community.
- Decorate Your Recycling Bins
- Allow your children to decorate the bins with pictures of items that go into each bin. Gives them a visual and makes it just that much more fun for them to recycle
- Do A Recycling Parade
- Allow the kids to design themes on costumes to promote recycling
- Draw up signs to carry
- March to a fun song about recycling
- Create a chant and teach it to the friends and family along the parade
- Create A Fun Game Out Of Recycling Bins
- Put a small basketball hoop over the bins to let the kids have fun
- Start a competition to see who can recycle the most at the end of the week for a prize
- There are endless arts and crafts you can do with the items
- Promote Recycling Within The Community
- Allow the children to see how much fun recycling can be
- Shows everyone just how much recycling means to so many
- Be a role model and allow everyone see you do it
Is your garage organized enough to head into the winter season? If not, take advantage of the weather to get things done before it’s too late. Garage organization is not difficult nor is it expensive. It is however, essential if you want a clean space where everything is relatively easy to find. Whether you have a large garage or just a small space, there are many things that you can do to utilize that space and give yourself a bit of additional storage without taking up the area that you need for cars and other items.
Get Started: Start at one end of the garage going through each and every item and deciding if it’s something to keep or get rid of. Have some big garbage bags ready, get some masking tape and label the bags: “Trash” and “Donate”.
Organize: Once you’ve done a thorough purge, break the garage into sections based on the contents. Some ideas might be: gardening, sports equipment, tools, car, etc… Start putting like things together. You may find, duplicates as items get grouped or more reasons to purge, so keep the trash/donation bags handy.
Contain: Once you’ve got all the items in their proper section of the garage, it’s time to decide what storage options are best. Do you need shelving? Maybe some slatwall or pegboard? How about plastic containers for storage? Be sure to make optimal use of vertical space. Since parking the car is the number one priority in the garage, you want to get all other storage necessities up onto the walls. Once you have your storage options figured out you can put everything away, give the garage a good sweep and…your organized! Sounds easy right? Not always, this can be a huge project for many garages, but the steps are the same, so getting started and sticking with it can be the hardest part. Of course, the organizers at Chaos To Order can work wonders in your garage, if you need extra help, give us a call or schedule an appointment.
Few Helpful Tips:
- A few strategically placed metal shelves and some plastic totes will really help you to get that garage organized. Plastic totes are really cheap and when you label them, you will always know what goes into them so you can find what you need much faster. Remember to stack things that can stack and use totes for things that cannot.
- A tower rack in the corner gives you the perfect storage solution for brooms and other long handled items. Many of these are on wheels so you can easily roll them wherever you need them or get a stationary one to keep in the corner for permanent storage.
- The key to keeping your garage organized is having a place for everything. Hanging things takes up little to no floor space and utilizes wall space that is typically left forgotten. Putting up a few shelves and hanging systems gives you a place to store plastic bins with items in them as well as larger items like bikes that will hang right on the wall to save space.
- Cabinets are really not that difficult to install yourself and you can save a virtual fortune by doing so. You can purchase cabinets already built and then just hang them on the walls yourself. The cabinets are great for storing things and keeping the garage neat and tidy and depending on the size and number of cabinets that you get, you may be able to store everything away so that your garage always looks completely clean.
- If you have little room to park your car, cleaning up and getting things organized will help immensely. You can hang a pegboard, which are really inexpensive by the way, and make more floor space. Just get a few hooks to hang tools and garden supplies. You can also hang baskets and small totes from hooks to keep smaller items put away.
Our company got a call for a hoarder job in Gainesville, which we take much pride in working with people to get their lives back. Going through a hoarder’s stuff is like a scavenger hunt, only without the fun. You may find some valuable items but instead of being thrilled you will be sad and feel sorry for the person suffering from a severe anxiety disorder that prevents them from assessing the true value of their possessions, making informed decisions, and having a normal lifestyle. Hoarders lack the ability to classify items according to their actual value, so they tend to accumulate large numbers of useless things and never throw any of them away out of fear of losing something important. Our team understands the meaning of the items and works with the family and the hoarder to come up with what must be disposed of and what can be kept. Our team always stay sympathetic and sensitive towards the hoarder’s feelings on such items. If possible we will always donate all usable items to local charities. What we do is as we go through the home we separate from trash, keep, donate, recycle and it helps regulate the items.
Store your pans on these genius slide-out racks
Install a dish-drying cabinet directly above the sink
Use hooks to hold your measuring spoons inside the cabinet
Store towels on a second shower curtain rod
Use a magnetic strip to hold bobby pins and tweezers
Tuck a skinny shelf into any unused bathroom space
Install pull-out hampers in a bathroom or laundry room
Use a picture ledge next to or behind your bed for phones and glasses
Utilize the space behind a full-length mirror to store jewelry
Keep your belts organized with paper towel holders
Store books on shallow shelves
Junk removal can be time consuming and tedious depending on the degree it’s in. Most junk is disorganized around the home, garage, shed and yard. And soon it puts you into a never-ending battle you fight with procrastination. You keep putting it off until the next day and end up with a very bad mess.
Are you facing such a situation? The only solution to this is to hire professional help. You need a professional junk removal company to help you get rid of this stressful time. But what if you have never done that before? Are you totally inexperienced with hiring a professional for this task?
Worry no more! Here are some tips that can help.
- Develop a Junk Removal Strategy
- Give Yourself Enough Time
- Use Proper Storage
- Stick To A Schedule
- Go For Eco-Friendly Junk Removal
Git Rid Of It company construction debris removal services on a regularly scheduled pick up you can reduce the amount of waste lying around and prevent the build up of dust and debris. When you use a junk removal company to get rid of the construction debris you save your construction workers from having to deal with it. It minimizes their risk of an injury, it also helps your team to be able to work in a clean and safe environment. It saves you the money in labor hours, transportation cost, also the dump fees. When you use a junk removal company we make sure to ensure the disposal of all items to be dumped in the correct facility. Junk removal specialists are trained to get the job done in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
Are you going to treat yourself to a new television this year? A lot of us do around Christmas time or in the January sales, but do you ever wonder what becomes of all the televisions that are discarded every year? Figures show that we are replacing our television sets more frequently than we used to, the days when ‘it’s still working, we’ll make do with it a little bit longer’ was the general rule are over, nowadays we are being enticed to swap by all the tempting new features that get included with every upgrade. When its time to get rid of the electronics you can call a local junk removal company to come and dispose of it properly.
When new home owners move into a house, they have the pleasure of unwrapping their contents or newly delivered furniture out of the box, to make a house feel like their home. The cardboard boxes are then usually stored for future uses or alternatively flattened before recycling. The latter being the best habit to prevent an overflow of cardboard boxes.Every home is guilty of storing cardboard boxes either in the house, attic, closets, shed or garage.
Enthusiastic online sellers will always need boxes to sell goods on and to minimize packaging costs as much as possible. Having the right size of packaging available for this trade can reduce any damages caused to items during transit. Buying brand new cardboard boxes can be expensive for sellers and movers. Many military and armed force professionals require boxes during relocation; similarly students relocating from one town to another will find the use of a cardboard box useful to transport many goods.
Plastic containers are durable and costly, whereas cardboard boxes are free, with many practical uses, such as storing seasonal items, essentially Christmas, Halloween, Easter and Birthdays. Although they are easy to flat pack and store, many individuals are still naive and unaware of the actual dangers of storing these innocent looking brown boxes. Storing large amounts of cardboard boxes together, especially in a small confined space, is a significant fire risk. Removing this potential hazard is important to protect the safety and well being of all residents of your property.
Another risk of keeping cardboard boxes, is that it attracts insects near your property. Many insects thrive on eating the glue used in binding packaging together. Spiders are well known to make habitats in dry, dark hiding places, such as cardboard boxes, that are effectively made of wood.