Basement flooded in Arlington and home owner needed all of the wet nasty carpet hauled away. Git Rid of It not only hauled it away, they removed it too!! Quick, efficient service at a very reasonable price! Call them now…
Here at Git Rid Of It we believe in using our resources and allowing ourselves to reduce, reuse and recycle in order to help our environment. Not everything that we come across is considered junk or trash it is able to be given to ones in need or taken to a recycling station. If you are able to follow the three R’s then you will have less clutter, more organization, and most importantly less trash.
REDUCE the amount of waste produced in your household to help the environment. The other two R’s will help you learn how to reduce.
Reuse to avoid throwing everything away in the trash. For example:
- Use a gallon milk jug to water garden plants without standing there with a hose: Poke small holes in the bottom of the jug and bury it; fill with water for slow and steady irrigation.
- Make a bird feeder out of a 2liter plastic bottle.
- Don’t forget the old trick of using newspaper instead of paper towels to clean windows.
- Torn and crumpled toilet paper tubes also make fine packing material.
- Empty pill bottles need not head to the landfill when they can declutter your junk drawer, tool box, sewing kit, and so forth; they love to contain little things.
- Clothes, toys and furniture can be donated instead of thrown away. Many other people can reuse an are in need of such items.
Recycle is the process of converting waste materials into new materials and objects. Recyclable materials include many kinds of glass, paper, and cardboard, metal, plastic, tires, textiles, and electronics.
- Metals account for the fourth largest percentage of our rubbish. Along with beer and soft drink cans, you can recycle “tin cans.”
- Purchase products produced from recycled material. Look for the “recycled” symbol.
- All kinds of glass containers—heavy or light—can be recycled. In addition, glass can be recycled and reused an indefinite number of times.
- Reduce the number of paper and plastic bags your family uses by carrying reusable tote bags to grocery and department stores. Minimize use of paper towels, paper plates, and napkins. Invest in cloth napkins for everyday use, and choose reusable cloths, towels, and plates, rather than paper “throwaways.”
Busy day cleaning out this hoarder house in Arlington. I’m sure customer will be so happy to be able
to move around their home again with all of this clutter removed. We will donate as much as possible to
Bridges to Independence to help the people who have been homeless transition back into their new
apartment. The crew hauled away four truck loads furniture and miscellaneous items.
This crew was off to a busy start in Arlington today. With our bigger trucks, low prices and great service there is only one phone number to use for junk hauling needs.
We will pick up almost anything.
Call 703-533-0094 for your free estimate today!